Some situations are emergencies that require immediate action from emergency responders.
- Self-injury needing immediate medical attention
- Someone acting on a suicide threat
- Someone tells you they have recently taken an overdose or made some other suicide gesture
- A person is unresponsive
What to do in case of a mental health emergency:
Call Campus Security at (573) 876-7299. You can also call the Columbia Police Department at (573) 874-7652 or dial 911 for assistance.
Take the person directly to the emergency room at the Boone Hospital at 1600 E Broadway.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Crisis Line: 800-833-3915
- Get Help Now: 800-999-9999
- LGBTQ Helpline: 1-866-488-7386
- Veterans' Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255, then press 1
- Suicide Awareness and Prevention Among Asian Americans