Some situations are emergencies that require immediate action from emergency responders.
- Self-injury needing immediate medical attention
- Someone acting on a suicide threat
- Someone tells you they have recently taken an overdose or made some other suicide gesture
- A person is unresponsive
What to do in case of a mental health emergency:
Call the Department of Public Safety at (314) 977-3000 or use the call boxes marked with blue lights to dial directly 24 hours a day. You can also call the St. Louis Metropolitan Police at (314) 231-1212 or dial 911 for assistance.
Take the person directly to the emergency room at the Saint Louis University Hospital at 3655 Vista.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Crisis Line: 800-833-3915
- Get Help Now: 800-999-9999
- LGBTQ Helpline: 1-866-488-7386
- Veterans' Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255, then press 1
- Suicide Awareness and Prevention Among Asian Americans